Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Goat Cheese and Milk

The only Grade A Goat Dairy in North Carolina is the Round Mountain Creamery. Our milk came from this farm. Even though it was roughly 15 miles from Warren Wilson College, I made the journey out to pick up milk yesterday. While there, Harold, the dairy manager, gave me a great tour of the creamery. We also paid a visit to some of the goats. In this video you will meet two of them - one is named Victoria. Linda Seligman, President of the Round Mountain Creamery, also gave me a brief tour and spoke with me about a number of recipes using their soft cheeses. This she shared while loading me up with multiple varieties of fully prepared Chevres. I felt like Santa's wife had just visited me given the generosity and hospitality of Linda. We certainly have enough cheese for the week. And, I look forward to topping off my morning coffee with a bit of fresh goat milk. I guess this could be a "goatachino". Just Kidding.

To learn more about Warren Wilson College, visit www.warren-wilson.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment